Saturday, October 3, 2009

This is what I want too!!

Was reading this book on Single parenting and I read this quote from a single mom: "I face not the sorrows of a fallen world, but the saving grace of the Refiner's fire. That causes me to kneel in desperation at the Lord's feet, but not pleading for a house with a picket fence, a husband, and 2.5 kids. No, I desperately pleade for the riches of His kingdom-love, joy, peace,patience, kindess, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, and self-control! For some people these gifts may come with ease, but I insist on the wretchedness of my soul that needs to be transformed at any cost. And I trust that God is not blind or uncompassionate, but very much in control. The Bible promises us trials, and these trials are there to test our faith, make us stronger, and sharpen our character. Why then should we resist God's goodness?"
WOW....she totally put into words exactly what I've been thinking through lately and what is the DESIRE of my heart....I want HIM!...and I don't want small change, or a 'tweak', I want to be transformed. He is SO worth it. As I've been here on this trip away from the normal routine of life, I am just being reminded more and more of His blessings in my life and His hand upon my life. I am forever grateful and undserving but beyond that I want to love Him and I want to want Him just because.......because HE IS GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment