Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What God is Teaching Me...

-TRUST Him completely....not half-heartedly or it might as well be like not trusting Him at all. Fully believe and you will know you've done that when you feel a peace. Peace in your children, family, finances, work, sickness, disappointments, and hurts...you will feel a peace, that one that it talks about in the Bible- it surpasses all understanding. That means we don't understand it, we don't know why we have it, it's just there. But I'll tell ya, it comes because you TRUST.

-God loves you.....seems simple but I don't think we truly truly grasp that. HE LOVES US. and you specifically. If you really let that sink in, your insecurities fall away, your anxiety is lessened, and you feel comfort and security knowing the God of the universe loves YOU. I was listening to a song about that the other day and I began bawling because I really started to believe it. No one can love me like Him, and if I find my comfort in His love, wow, I don't need anything or anyone but Him.

-This world is not a playground its a battlefield. I'm NOT saying we can't have fun and that God doesn't provide us with joy and times to just laugh and enjoy life. But we must treat it like a battlefield. The enemy is SO present and he is counting on us to downplay his presence so that we continue to sin, continue to let our joy be stolen from us, and we continue to be miserable when that is not God's plan for us. I'm learning to FIGHT every day....and it's so great! I feel free and I feel better than I have in years! The coolest thing is that I don't have to worry about whether I am going to win or not....that is already been taken care of. The victory is won and I just have to walk in it step by step, day by day....sometimes it's minute by minute. But that's ok, because at the end of the day what a feeling to say It was a victorious day! Thank you God!! I am so undeserving and yet YOU led me on and cheered me along the whole way!

So much more that He's teaching me...that'll be for my next blog though:)

Trin

No comments:

Post a Comment