Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End of the Year

Trying to do some reflecting over the past year and as I weed through all the struggles, frustrations, surprises, pain, laughter, and mistakes, I really want to strip it down to...What is God trying to teach me? What was He trying to teach me this year (it was not my best ever) and I really want to 'get it'...whatever He is trying to show me. I think I've figured it out..I could be wrong, that's been known to happen, but as I was listening to this song today it hit me. He is ALL I need....not just part or some but ALL, everything. He completely satisfies.
I have spent many of the last 32 years trying everything you can think of, except God. At times, I tried some things, PLUS God....but never JUST God.. Last night, I was laying in bed feeling strangely content, at peace, satisfied. If you looked at the circumstances surrounding my life right now, from a worldy perspective, there really is no reason for me to feel that way. I should feel stressed, hurried, worried, sad, and lonely. But what I felt was peace. True peace that I know with everything in me can only come from HIM. I felt like God was trying to tell me, This is what I want to give you...just stop looking everywhere else.
So....I've come to the conclusion that this year He has been trying to teach me that He is all I need. And so....my response for 2010 is to, um, well try this out....quit looking to anything and everything BUT Him. My Savior, my true Friend, my Comforter, my Lover, my Hiding Place, my strength when I have none, my hope, my Father who loves me unconditionally. I have listened to this song again and again, and I'm praying that this will be the cry of my heart for 2010.


I left my fear by the side of the road
Hear You speak, it won't let go
Fall to my knees as I lift my head to pray
Got every reason to be here again
Father's heart that draws me in
All my eyes want to see is a glimpse of You

All I need is You......All I need is You, Lord, is YOU, Lord
All I need is You....All I need is You, Lord, is YOU

One more day and it's not the same
Your Spirit causes my heart to sing
Drawn to the voice of my Savior once again
Where'd my soul be without Your Son
Gave His life to save the earth
Rest in the thought that You're watching over me

All I NEED IS YOU......All I NEED IS YOU!!!!!!

You hold the universe....
You hold everyone on earth...


I NEED You
I WANT You
I CHOOSE You

All I Need is You.

2 comments:

  1. This reality would change us all!!!!!!! Love you sweet friend!!!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a beautiful outlook on life in general! i pray that we can all learn to follow what He tells us this year!

    ReplyDelete